Analysis Group has broad and deep experience assisting in a variety of litigation related to the technology sector, including matters involving both hardware and software companies. In intellectual property disputes, our experts examine issues related to infringement of patents, copyrights, and trademarks, and misappropriation of trade secrets. In antitrust matters, we assess the competitive impact of mergers and analyze alleged anti-competitive activity. We also analyze issues related to class certification in a variety of areas, including false advertising; securities, financial products, and institutions; and labor and employment. In addition, we have worked on technology and software matters related to tax and accounting disputes, securities litigation, commercial litigation, and international arbitrations.
We work with numerous industry and technical experts, who offer highly specialized subject matter expertise and can provide relevant context and industry-specific analysis related to technology products, technical standards, and related market dynamics.
Examples of litigation matters related to technology and software include:
- Assessing consumer demand for smartphones and tablets related to a patent dispute
- Calculating damages in IP disputes related to particular aspects of software code
- Quantifying the impact on consumer demand of specific functionalities associated with patents
- Assessing issues related to class certification in a class action involving alleged “no-poaching” agreements among multiple high-technology companies
- Analyzing the extent to which an economic recession and its impact on a major US software company's business could have been foreseen, related to a securities litigation matter
- Providing economic support on behalf of Microsoft in over 140 private state and federal overcharge class actions, including two overcharge trials