Peter P. Simon
Ph.D. and M.A., economics, Princeton University; B.A., mathematical economics, Pomona College
Summary of Experience
Dr. Simon is an applied microeconomist with specific expertise in employing econometric techniques to analyze complex business issues. He has managed case teams addressing matters related to intellectual property, class certification, securities, price fixing, business valuation, and general damages. He has worked extensively on intellectual property matters, performing lost profit and reasonable royalty analyses in patent infringement disputes; he has also analyzed detailed paid search advertising data in the context of a trademark infringement dispute. In his work, Dr. Simon has collaborated with leading marketing academics to investigate consumer behavior in online environments, assess the commercial reasonableness of marketing activities, and review claims of a major brand's impending demise. In the areas of finance and securities, he has assessed competition and volatility in the mutual fund industry, valued complex currency derivatives, and gauged the economic reasonableness of fees given fund performance. He also has considerable experience evaluating sampling procedures and methodologies, and designing and selecting random samples. He has served as an expert on sampling-related issues in several large litigations. He has evaluated, designed, collected, and analyzed samples in mortgage-backed securities, insurance, Medicare fraud, and construction defect cases. In addition, Dr. Simon has conducted empirical research in a number of areas. Prior to joining Analysis Group, he served as a research assistant at the Federal Reserve and lectured in economics at Princeton University.
- Apple v. Samsung Trial (May 2014)
- Cintas Corporation Acquisition of GK Services
- Dang v San Francisco Forty Niners Ltd et al
- Fraley, et al. v. Facebook Inc., et al.
- In re American Funds Fee Litigation
- In re Managed Care Litigation
- Justice Department Investigation into Health Care Fraud
- Miriam Haskins, et al. v. First American Title Insurance Company
- Patent Infringement Matter Against E-commerce Retailer
- Peter Claydon v. Nestlé Waters North America Inc., et al.
- The Citri-Lite Company v. Cott Beverages, Inc.
Litigation Services Handbook: Sixth Edition
Simon P, Evans E
Economics Committee Newsletter, Volume 8, No. 2, American Bar Association
International Journal of the Economics of Business
Saha A, Simon P