M.S., finance, Boston College; M.B.A., Xavier Institute of Management; B.S., economics, Delhi University
Summary of Experience
Mr. Jetley specializes in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), valuation of derivative instruments, securities valuation, corporate finance, and risk management. He has worked on several transaction-related matters that involved the analysis of target valuations, sales processes, disclosures made by bidders and targets, and other deal terms. His securities valuation experience includes analyzing the impact of selected disclosures on the stock price of large corporations across a variety of industries, including technology, electric utilities, office equipment, biotechnology, real estate investment trusts (REITs), and health care providers. Mr. Jetley has also worked on several matters involving the valuation of equity, fixed-income, foreign exchange, and mortgage-backed derivative securities. He frequently publishes and presents on topics involving M&A, securities, financial analysis, and commercial damages.
- Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. v. Airgas, Inc.
- AT&T v. United States of America
- Center Partners Ltd. et al. v. Urban Shopping Centers LP. et al.
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. and Convoy Ltd. v. Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd.
- Damages Analysis Regarding Price Risk Management Strategy
- Earn-Out Dispute in Acquisition of Engineering and Project Management Firm
- Forescout Technologies, Inc. v. Ferrari Group Holdings, LP, et al.
- In re Appraisal of SWS Group Inc CA No 10554-VCG
- In re Bear Stearns Litigation
- In Re Dole Food Company, Inc. Stockholder Litigation
- In re: Alere-Abbott Merger Litigation
- In re: Allergan PLC Securities Litigation
- In re: Starz Stockholder Litigation
- In the Matter of William Tirrell Before the US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Joseph C. Bamford, et al. v. Penfold LP, et al.
- LKF X Investments, LKF X Capital Corporation, Tax Matters Partner v. The Commissioner of Internal Revenue
- Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. v. Vulcan Materials Company
- Palm Canyon X Investments LLC, AH Investment Holdings, Inc., Tax Matters Partner v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue Service
- Parnes v. Bally Entertainment Corp.
- Postova Banka AS and Istrokapital SE v. The Hellenic Republic
- Raymond Road Associates (Blue Back Square) v. Taubman Centers
- SLM Corporation (Sallie Mae) v. J.C. Flowers II L.P.
- Ventas, Inc. v. HCP, Inc.
- Vintage Rodeo Parent LLC et al. v. Rent-A-Center Inc.
- WFC Holdings Corporation v. United States of America
Distributions v. Reinvestment - Are Businesses Being Myopic?
CFO Magazine, 2021
Do Appraisal Challenges Benefit Target Shareholders through Narrowing Arbitrage Spread?
The Journal of Law and Economics, Volume 63, Issue 4
Expediting M&A Deal Processes Via Negotiations Vs. Auctions
Law360, August 12, 2020
Jetley G, Huang Y
3 Aspects Of Value Preservation For Restructuring Cos.
Law360, January 29, 2019
Jetley G, Grgeta E, Wei R
Appraisal Challenges and Benefits to Target Shareholders Through Narrowing Arbitrage Spread
Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, October 3, 2019
Jetley G, Huang Y
Competition Scale and Hedge Fund Performance: Evidence from Merger Arbitrage
Journal of Economics and Business, No. 105, 2019
Jetley G; Rzakhanov Z
Appraisal Arbitrage -- Is There A Delaware Advantage?
The Business Lawyer, Vol. 71, No. 2, Spring 2016
Rights issues and creeping acquisitions in India
Emerging Markets Review, Volume 23, June 2015, Pages 68–95
Jetley G, Mondal S
Shut Up and Stand Still: Understanding the Role of Standstill Provisions in M&A Disputes
Executive Counsel, June/July 2012
Mascherin T, Palazzolo K, Jetley G
Running the Numbers
The Daily Deal, June 2011, Volume 22, Issue 120
The Shrinking Merger Arbitrage Spread: Reasons and Implications
Financial Analysts Journal
Securities Class Action Doesn't Suit Us
The Economic Times (India)
The Effect of Statutory Indemnity on Securities Class Action Litigation Settlements: A First Look
Stanford Journal of Law, Business & Finance
Jetley G, Rzakhanov Z
October 30, 2019
November 10, 2020
January 5, 2023
July 1, 2022
May 13, 2021
April 8, 2021
March 5, 2021
August 12, 2020